Thursday 2 October 2014

10 years

Its our wedding anniversary today.  10 years.  Last year I wrote a lovely post about our marriage so far.  I have just re read it, and it all still holds very true.

On honeymoon in Kenya


Things have changed though.  Given the recent passing of my mum, I have come to rely on Paul even more, and this reliance will probably just get greater as we move forward.  He really is my rock, and I honestly don't know what I would do without him.  We share everything, and he has to put up with my constant moods (particularly at the moment).

I am not overly inspired to blog much at the moment.  This blog was originally begun to keep people back in the UK informed with what we are up to.  It has crossed into cooking, homeschooling, travel reviews, restaurant reviews and many other areas.  I don't know where to go with it now.  I am hoping I will be inspired to keep writing it, but things sen very hard at the moment.

We are flying back to the UK on Saturday.  My mums funeral is on thursday 9th October at 2.15pm at Easthampstead Cemetery and Crematorium.  Lee went with my mums friend Marie, and picked out a beautiful burial plot.  She originally wanted to be cremated and for us to have a massive party afterwards.  Lee wanted to bury her.  I am with Lee on this.  I want to have a place I can go for quiet reflection, somewhere to go and think about her.  Not that she is never in my thoughts.  Every little thing reminds me of her.  Seeing a Mazda driving on the road, certain TV programs, and songs.  When the kids are playing up, my thought is 'I want to speak to my mum'.  And I can't.  And that is hard.  We may not have seen easy other much recently, but she was always there with me.  I know she always will be, but that doesn't take away from the pain that myself, Lee and others close to her are feeling right now.  She is missed, so missed.....

I, being pragmatic, have to think of the positives.  I have 3 beautiful children, thanks to my gorgeous loving husband.  For that, I am exceptionally grateful.  We are lucky to be living this kind of life, and I thank all those around me for everything they have done for me, ever.


1 comment: