Tuesday 18 August 2015

Since holiday ( Photo drop)

Hey y'all!  This is just a quick one to put some photos in and talk about what we have been up to.  Most of these have been on my Instagram account, with the hashtag #CGis33.  If you are not on Instagram, why not?!?  You can always type the hashtag into google, and that will generally lead you to what we have been up to.

So, first things first.  This is our new mobile, do you like it? 


It is on a Siblu mobile home park in the south west of France.   My mum initially purchased a mobile 7 years ago for this pitch.  This pitch is very good, as it is large, in the quiet owners area, and behind where the photo is taken from is a lovely view out over the estuary bay.  My mum transferred ownership of her Mobile to me, and the rent of the pitch, before she passed away.  We have been waiting for the right deal to come along before we purchased a new mobile.  It was placed on pitch while we were on holiday.  It looks good! Siblu will rent it out next year, and it will be ours after next summer.  I can't wait to go and stay there.  It has 3 bedrooms, and a generous living area.  Plus the decking is awesome.... The site, Bonne Anse Plage, is where Paul and I met, many years ago, so it will always have significance for us.


Paul borrowed a Go Pro camera from work.  They are awesome.  The kids loved using it, playing with it, and taking loads of photos and videos.  Think I know what is on Paul's Christmas list.....


Look at this water Baby! Swimming underwater with his mouth open.  I am so please all our boys now swim, albeit not with any great skill or form.  But they are generally water safe, doesn't stop is being constantly on our guard though...


Yep, we have booked more NASCAR races.  This one is for the Southern 500, over Labor Day weekend (the unofficial end of summer).  It is the only race held in South Carolina, and is in Darlington, about a 2 hour drive from here.  We are just going to drive it, so it could be interesting with the boys.  At least they are off school the next day......


I seem to be spending a lot of time in the kitchen. Sundays are my prep days.  The one pictured above was also a BBQ day.  We have bison burgers, hard boiled eggs, croutons and bacon in the background.  Bison burgers are delicious, possibly because they are grass fed? These eggs were organic too.  The croutons are from the ends of the homemade bread.  Oliver and Sebastian love them, and will often take them for snack at school.  The bacon? I have taken to cooking off a packet a week! Oliver eats it with his lunch, as do paul and I.  We are trying to take greater care as to the types of food we put in to our bodies.  I am still trying to cut the carbs and exercise more.  Not sure it is making much of a difference, but I feel better for it.  Hopefully once the kids go back it will be a little easier.....


I took Oliver and Isaac peach picking.  I was surprised how much they enjoyed it.  I did it last year with Isaac and Seb.  I think we picked a better day this year, as it was much cooler, and much earlier in the morning.  I spent $25 on peaches.  I gave some away, have eaten a lot, and frozen even more.  I make an awesome smoothie with 1 peach, Half a mango, a handful of blueberries, coconut water and yogurt.  Delicious!


The boys uniform arrived.  *hopefully* this will be the last uniform with embroidery I have to purchase here for this school. Pretty sure I will be buying more trousers or shorts later in the school year. I can't believe we are about to enter their last school year in America.  So scary, we try our best not to think about next year yet.  I know it's coming, I just don't want to face it.....


We finally made it to Main Street Friday, up in Greenville.  First one this year.  Bad form by us.  The kids had a blast, and we enjoyed it too.  Seb even saw someone from his class!  It felt a lot easier this year. I think that is just a reflection on the age of the kids. 

So that's it for now.  The boys return to school on Friday, but I will do a post for that after the weekend.

Adiós amigos xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment