Monday 6 May 2013

Rain.......

I know it has only been like 4 days since I blogged, but I think I should get into the habit of doing it more often.

So Wednesday night, Paul and I drank too much wine, what a surprise.  It made thursday a little difficult.  I had Oliver's play at school.  It was basically a rendition of a lot of the Dr Seuss books, of which we have very few.  It was good.  Oliver played percussion, and jumped around.  I only got to see it from the door, as Sebastian just would not sit and was upset by the noise.  He is like this for every school play/function we have ever taken him to.  He is going to have to grow out of it very quickly...
Thursday afternoon we went to my friend Christy's house.  It is quite convenient, as her house is on the way to Oliver's school.  Edmund was very pleased to see us!!!  Their bonus room is amazing.  As well as being the play room, it has a lot of old books and certificates and memorabilia on the wall from when her husband was in the army. Absolutely fascinating ( i must admit, my dad has a room like this, I always find it intriguing, all the things on the wall).  I hope one day that Paul or I can do something significant (other than the kids) that we feel proud enough about to dedicated space in our house to.  We went out for a meal on thursday night, it wasn't very good.....

Spot the Isaac
Friday was Isaac's International Festival.  As a last minute call, I managed to persuade Paul to come along.  It even stopped raining long enough for the event to take place.  It was very beautifully done, with a bagpiper opening the festival, an Irish folk bad playing too.  It started with the toddlers doing some songs (of which Seb will be one next year, eekkkk).  Then the primary children came on stage, this is Isaac's class.  They sang 3 songs, Frere Jacques, Home on the Range, and I forget the other.  After primary, all the kids sung or danced, going up in age order to the eldest children (Grade 8, 13-14 year olds).  It was a very well organized event, which I hope to play a bigger part in next year, so if anyone knows where I can get kids Morris Dancer costumes, please let me know.  One part I did play was to provide a dish from England.  I baked some scones on thursday night, and filled them with butter and jam on the friday morning.  I must say they were delicious.  We left the festival about 11.30. As Paul was now off for the rest of the day, we headed to the mall for lunch.  Subways for us, Chick-fil-a for the boys.  I choose my mothers day presents, and Paul brought himself a strimmer.
oliver had a baseball game, which they easily won, seeing as the other team only had 9 players compared to the Marlins 13.  This was due to the weather.  It wasn't chucking down, but there were a few bouts of drizzle throughout the game.

We were always going to have a lazy weekend.  The weather has helped play a part in this.  It started raining on friday and basically has not let up for more than on hour ever since.  Hence we are on flood watch.  Nearly 6 cm of rain was forecast for today, but that is falling on to saturated ground.  Bet everyone in the UK is loving reading this, especially as you are all due for a warm bank holiday weekend.....

So this week

Oliver has ERB testing all week.  This is for the Educational Records Bureau to assess student performance in key areas.  I don't think Oliver is worried, and he has no reason to be.  They happen all week, in the morning.  On top of this, he has 3 baseball games.  Was supposed to be 2, but one is a rainout games from earlier in the season.  This will be his last week playing though, as he will miss the last game because we are on holiday.
Isaac Seb and I are going to a friends on tuesday, the zoo on wednesday.  But that is it, so far!!!!
My new OU course has started, so I need to get on with it.  I need to make sure I can get all my online tutorials to work, I need to send a dummy assignment to my tutor, and reply to her email.  Plus I need to do lots of house keeping stuff....mop the floor, clean the bathroom, change the bed, sort out gutter cleaning, sometimes the list seems endless......

Well enough warbling......

No comments:

Post a Comment