Tuesday 29 October 2013

The Sunshine Awards

Thanks to Liene from Femme au Foyer for nominating me for the Sunshine awards.  This works like so.....

* The rules: 
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger, 
2. Share eleven random facts about yourself, 
3. Answer the eleven questions set by your nominating blogger
4. Nominate eleven bloggers yourself, 
5. Post eleven questions for your nominees to answer then let them know they're up.




So 11 random facts about me......

• My first name is actually Yvonne

• I was born in Northern Ireland and lived there till I was nearly 7

• I lost my dog and cat, and my mum lost a lot of possessions in a house fire when I was 14

• I gave up college twice

• At one point I was working 3 jobs

• I met my husband in France

• I proposed to Paul on leap day 2004

•I worked in London for about 2 months as an admin assistant for a textile company (it was so dull.....)

•I didn't pass my driving test till I was 29.

•I have given birth 3 times naturally.  Isaac came out left bum cheek first

•Since moving to America I have become slightly infatuated with NASCAR 


So these are the 11 questions Liene set me

1. If you could choose only one blog post to represent you, which one would you choose?
Probably this one, as it shows in photos what we have done in the last year
2. Name your favorite author, and favorite childhood author.
This is a tricky one!  I don't have one particular favorite.  I like Patricia Cornwell, Dan Brown, Pat Conway.  I like books that are historical, mystery, detective type books.  Not into chick-lit as much as I used to be.  As a child I loved Judy Blume books, but also really enjoyed the 'Point' series (point horror, point romance, point thriller)

3. What is one thing you are most looking forward to in the coming year?
Probably our trips back over the pond, to England at Christmas and France in the summer

4. Your favorite accent? (for example, an Aussie speaking English)
It's a tie between French and Northern Irish

5. (Repeating this one from Sara) What would you choose as your last meal?
Kebab!  With plenty of beer to wash it down

6. Do you have a favorite spectator sport? 
NASCAR and/or Formula 1

7. If you could spend one year living anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? (Pretend language and distance from family isn’t a barrier)
I am going to cheat a bit on this.....  I would buy an rv and travel around the States.  This is such a great and vast country, you would need to dedicate at least a year traveling around to see the majority of it.  Even then, I don't think you would scratch the surface....

8. Name five things your refrigerator is never without.
Cheese, milk, butter, mayonnaise,apple juice

9. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Inconsiderateness.

10. You win an all-expenses paid, week-long vacation to anywhere in the world – where are you headed?
The Caribbean

11 Describe the favorite place in your home.
Again, another tie between the sofa and my bed!


I am going to nominate the following bloggers for the sunshine award: 
Rose at A Record of Rose
Lindsay at You are the Roots
Liz at A. Liz Adventures
Ashley at Ashley Quite Frankly
Richard at Atheist Dad
Jenny at 30 days hath November
Sarah at Short Stop
Sarah at We have moved to the USA
Larissa at Just another day in Paradise
Amie at Triple T mum
Kimberley at Natural Beach Living

So my 11 questions to you are:

1.  Favorite alcohol beverage ever (or non-alcoholic if you don't drink!)

2. What was your favorite subject at school

3. Would you change anything about the country you live in?

4. Nicest thing your partner has ever done for you.

5. 5 items you would take to a desert island.

6. What is in your wallet/purse right now?

7. Best kids film of all time

8. Which musician inspires you

9. Do you have a favorite sports star? If so, who?

10. What is the yukkiest food in the world, that nothing would ever make you want to eat it?

11. Where do you see yourself in 10 years time???

I look forward to hearing back from my fellow bloggers.

Here is a reminder of the rules

* The rules: 
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger, 
2. Share eleven random facts about yourself, 
3. Answer the eleven questions set by your nominating blogger
4. Nominate eleven bloggers yourself, 
5. Post eleven questions for your nominees to answer then let them know they're up. 

4 comments:

  1. Fun facts! I wish I had known about Sadie Hawkins day ten years ago, it might not have taken us quite so long to get hitched - I think I passed up three leap days while dating my now-husband! Looking forward to hearing about the NASCAR experience... xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, That's exciting stuff. You have led an adventurous life it seems :) Thank you for the nomination and I look forward to checking out your blog more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for nominating me! You have lived an adventurous life! The NASCAR love cracks me up, and you and I have similar RV travel dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Thanks for nominating me :) This will be fun! You've got me thinking about these questions.

    ReplyDelete