Tuesday 16 February 2016

February so far....

Woo hoo!!! 2 weeks in to february and I am doing a blog.  Admittedly, i have had to tear myself ways from my crafting......

It was my birthday last week, 21 again!!! Paul took the kids out to get my presents, and they all did well.  They all get really excited over birthdays, particularly Sebastian, especially now he understands what is happening! 



I had a pretty good haul.  The tool check is awesome for my crafting bits / beads. Only the toblerone remains of the food.  I have not built Wall-E yet, but I will.....


Paul took the day off on my birthday, and we went for a nice breakfast at Stax Omega up in Greenville.  It was yummy.  We then headed to the mall to do some shopping.  And I got some glasses.....

I knew they were coming from my diabetic eye exam.  All is fine regarding retinopathy, but my long distance vision is going, so I need to wear glasses most of the time.  These are nice, and you can probably guess how much I wear them. 

We have had a fair amount of rubbish weather.  2 ice storms, and a couple of delayed school starts.  Takes a lot to halt Sebastians school, here he is in the ice / snow.  This all melted away a couple hours later....


The weather has not been all bad.  We have been out to a couple of parks with bikes and scooters when we can.  We have also spent quite a few weekends completely at home.  We are trying to avoid spending too much money before we go on holiday next month (more on that next time)


The weather is supposed to start getting a bit warmer soon, so the kids will start playing out side a bit more.  It will be good for them.  We have recently removed the TV from the play room. They were getting a bit DVR happy.  Recording the same thing and watching it over, and over again (TOP GEAR). Now they watch Tv in the main living room.  On school days they are only allowed to watch between 5-6.30.  At the weekends the TV is of between 10-2pm.  It is going ok.  We are adjusting to them being in our space a lot more.  If no one is watching anything the tv goes off. It is a bit trial and error but we are getting there.  When we move back to the UK it is unlikely they will have a playroom, so we need to get used to coexisting again.... It is working ok, so far......

I am also in the middle of doing a Teaching English as a Foreign Language course Coursera with Arizona State University.  I am just starting my 3rd module of a 4 module course.  It is going well.  I am hoping to maybe be able to use it when we return to England.  I also have a Zumba Toning training this weaken, which I am super excited about!!!!  I have certainly been pushing myself since living here regarding my professional development.  Lets hope I am able to do something with all these courses and experience...

And not forgetting my beading and crafting.  I feel like I have found my passion.  I love beading.  I love repurposing things.  I could bore you to tears with beads.  Luckily I have a good local shop for beads, so I talk to them instead...... 

No more waffling, chat later.....





No comments:

Post a Comment