Monday 27 July 2015

Stuff

Before I do a massive holiday photo drop, I just want to say a few things.

I have been majorly neglecting this blog.  I am sorry, not sorry, about this.  Obviously I have had the kids off, which is the greatest distraction known to man.  They go back in about 4 weeks time.  Counting down.....

Cocktail friday is no more.  Believe me, it was fun while it lasted.  But I always find things set to certain times stressful, and this diminishes my motivation.  I am also taking August off alcohol (now I have written it down, I have to do it!).  I enjoy my months with out booze, though it does take a little getting used to.  I am not drinking to excess, but feel like I need to give my body a break.

I want to get a lot fitter.  I have my Zumba basic and Zumba Gold licenses, but if I ever want to do anything about instructing classes, I need to improve my stamina. After Kiawah, I went on a bit of a health kick regarding food.  Instead of eating 3 big meals a day, I was having breakfast about 7.30, a large snack about 11, a small lunch about 2, and then eating with the family.  I also tried to minimize my carbs a bit.  Because of this, I was using less insulin.  I also just felt healthier.  I was also polishing my choreo on some Zumba songs, and stretching in the mornings while the boys did their computer time.  It made me feel really good.  I was exercising in the morning 3 days a week, then going to at least 3 Zumba classes in the evening each week.  As I said, I felt good!

So I am going back to this regime.  If you want to know how I am doing this, I can post it on here.  Comment below or on Facebook if you would like to see this.  I also want to start running.  I may try and get the boys involved in this, help wear them out.  I want to do a run, like a 5k or something, in the next few months.

I feel good when I exercise.  I just need motivation sometimes!

When the kids go back to school, I am going to start crafting again.  I saw so many quirky things on holiday, and my ultimate thought was 'I could make that', so I didn't come back with too many souvenirs this year! Watch this space.  I have many, many ideas.  I will make a few sample things, then try and sell them on eBay/Facebook.  I *may* even go down the Etsy route, but seeing as i know little about this, i am not sure.....  I am excited about this, and reckon it could be fun.  I don't expect to make any money, but if i can cover my costs that would be great.

Thats what is happening with me.

Next up.... A massive photo drop......

No comments:

Post a Comment