Tuesday, 28 June 2016

House packing USA style

So this happened last Wednesday.  2 lovely ladies from the packing company arrived and put everything in boxes.  By everything, I MEAN everything. I had to go round and take trash out of their hands before they packed it

They got everything left over into boxes.  We had already sorted out air freight and plane luggage into separate areas.  As soon as I was able to, I moved half the luggage to the hotel, picking up a Sebastian from school on the way.

The boys were dead excited about staying at the hotel. Our good friends, the Barton's, were also here, so the kids had some company.  Their container was loaded and sealed on the Wednesday, so we had some ideas on what to expect.  Paul arrived at the hotel with the cat about 6pm.  Crazy hectic.  Then for dinner.

Thursday morning, a team of 3 men arrived to dismantle and wrap the big furniture.  

 Paul and I had great fun getting the tv off the wall and into its box, but we did it.

Once the men had done the boys bedrooms, they each dusted and hovered.  These rooms are now ready for the carpet cleaners


Thursday went fairly smoothly, but the men finished quite early.  We were a little concerned as there was still the garage to pack, and they had found a couple of drawers (my craft drawers) that the ladies had missed.

Paul decided to go back early on the Friday morning to get these last bits that were missed and assist as best he could.  The boys and I had a leisurely breakfast at the hotel, then headed over to the house.  The container was already there when we arrived 


The kids posed for a few photos, then had some computer time.  The guys made good progress.  We left them to it, and went for lunch at Fuddruckers.  We had hoped initially that they would be done by lunch, so we could get on the road to Myrtle Beach.  Alas they were not.

(Should mention during this time I was sorting the cat.  I had to take her to the vet to be checked over so she could get a certificate as being fit to fly.  This needed to be hand delivered to the state vet in Columbia for them to counter sign.  I did not realize it had to be hand delivered.  The original plan was that we would drop by there on the way back from the beach and pick up the faxed copy.  This changed our beach plans, but more on that in the next post.  The cat was then taken to the cattery for her stay.  She is getting a bath this afternoon, so this should be interesting!)

We arrived back from lunch about 2.  They were nearly done.  We popped out to get some sweets for the journey, and an incentive for the guys.   (Beer) I think it worked.  The container was loaded and signed for by 4pm. 


All our stuff in one container,  and it wasn't even full! It's just stuff.  


Bye stuff! See you on the other side! 

1 comment:

  1. I have been through your blog and I found it very helpful for planning my travel in future and also will help in planing tour for others too.Varanasi Tour Packages