Saturday 18 January 2014

Hectic

This week feels like it has been crazy busy...

Monday I went and looked at another school for Sebastian.  This one I loved.  It was a good cross between the other 2 I have looked at.  I don't know if Seb has just got used to seeing classrooms, but he was very comfortable.  They were having a story when we looked at his classroom, and he went and sat on the mat and listened.  He doesn't even do this at Gymboree!  I felt very happy that this was the right place for Seb, that I didn't even look outside at the playground!  Plus he gets football included in the price.  He is all signed up, and starts on the 10th February.  We then headed to Gymboree, then met Paul for lunch.  I was even able to get Seb down for a sleep......

Tuesday I had to pull Oliver out of school to take him for his hearing test.  Not good.  They checked if the bones in both ears were oscillating.  They were, but not very much.  Then they checked his hearing using beeps and words.  He has slight loss in his left ear (the good one!), and significant loss in his right one.  The audiologist said he should be able to get it back with the right therapy and treatment, but there may be some permenant residual loss.  We are back to see Dr Cooter on Wednesday.  I have asked Paul to come with me, as I am not sure what he is going to suggest.  I reckon a CAT scan, then possibly some tubes fitted, but I don't know.  The antibiotics and drops don't seem to have cleared it completely, so I guess we will find out the treatment regime on Wednesday....  Feel like a bad parent on this.  Should have taken him to the doctors sooner, but the ear infections have never given him any pain.  Tuesday night I went and got the rest of Sebastian's birthday presents.  Me lose in Toys r us, not good.....

Wednesday morning I took it slightly easy, and had a morning at home.  I did decide to give Seb some nappy off time, and lots of drinks.  It would appear he is not ready for potty training. He does not know when he needs to go, but is more than happy to sit on the potty.  I will try again next month, once he has settled into school.  We went out to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner, it wasn't very tasty, quite a let down in fact.  At least we took advantage of kids eating for $1.99....

Thursday morning we headed to Acrosmith Gymnastics again.  Seb didn't seem to enjoy it as much this time, but I managed to keep him amused by doing running races on the mat.  We met up with Christy and Edmund at Conastee Park in the afternoon.  It was cold, but the sun was shining, so it was just about warm enough, and all the kids had a great time.  Sebastian even decided to try something's on the play equipment that was just too big for him.  Thanks for the heart attacks Seb...I was able to head to Zumba in the evening for my second class of the week.

Friday Seb and I headed to Anna's.  I haven't seen her since before Christmas so it was good to catch up, and meet her good friend Heidi.  We took it easy in the afternoon, Seb refused to nap again.  I think he may be giving them up, though on the days he has not napped, he has fallen asleep on the school run....  We met Paul at the DMV after school.  It would appear our licenses are about our run out, but the place was so busy that we have decided to go mid morning next week instead.  Paul fell asleep on the sofa last night (as I said, it's been hectic), so I had control of the tv.  I just love HGTV, and found a new program called Renovation Realities.  This is real people (supposedly) doing their own renovations on their houses.  Hilarious and very cringeworthy 

Today we are having a pajama day, in preparation for Sebastian's birthday tomorrow.  Can't believe my baby is going to be 3!  I have even managed to get him to say 'I eee' for 'I'm three'.  So cute... I need to pop out shortly and get his last birthday present and his cake.  I could not be bothered to make one this time, so he has a Lightning McQueen one coming from BiLo. 

We have also booked our first holiday of the year, thanks too a Living Social deal.  Two nights on Hilton Head island for $85.  That's for all of us in a suite room with 2 queen size beds and a cot.  We have also pencilled in the rest of our travel dates for the year. I so cannot wait to start planning our 2 big drives!


No comments:

Post a Comment