Monday, 3 November 2014

The rest of Legoland Windsor, heading home

The boys treated us to a 7am wake up call, not too bad!  We dressed quickly and headed down for breakfast in Bricks Restaurant.  If you stay in the hotel, breakfast is included, and there was plenty of choice.  Isaac was happy with his coco pops, Oliver had bacon, sausage and scrambled egg, and Sebastian went with pancakes.  Both Paul and myself went for hot breakfasts. Man it was nice to have proper bacon again!

After breakfast we headed to the pool/splash area.  This is a small area, but at 8.15am there were not many people in it.  The boys had great fun splashing around.  When you are in the pool at 8.15, you know it is going to be a long day.  We headed back up to our room about 9, and prepared to check out.  
Whilst heading down to reception for check out, the fire alarm went off.  This meant a mass evacuation to the car park over the road.  Thank goodness we were not in the pool at the time!  I don't know what was going on in the park/ hotel, but there were people dressed as Storm Troopers and Jedi.  Princess Lea was also there.  

The boys were so happy about this, and were able to get photos taken with various Star Wars characters. This turned a bad situation in to a very good one for our boys!

Staying in the hotel means you get to access the park 30 minutes before the general public.  Granted, we lost some of this time due to a fire alarm and checking out, but we still made it up.  We did 5 rides in 2 hours, we certainly got our monies worth.  

We had to do another quick stop at mini world, the boys so love seeing the countries represented, even if America was very small! 

Another quick ride before a stop at the shop (again!).

We left Legoland about midday.  All in, we had an awesome time, and are now deciding if we can make it to Legoland California before our time in the states is up.

We collected my mums car from Grandad Lee's that afternoon.  My mum signed it over to me before she died.  I had to drive it to Paul's parents up in Oxford.  I took Isaac with me for company, but I think he found my company a bit boring.  It has been a long time since I drove a manual, but I did ok.  That little car goes like stink!!!

We spent Saturday night at the Goslings, Tony and Jenny were also there.  It was nice to catch up with everyone, before saying our goodbyes the following morning.

Our last night in the UK was spent at my dads.  We even subjected him to his first kebab for about 5 years.  I think he enjoyed it, even if he did leave half of it for his lunch the next day.

By staying at my dads, we were able to be on the road to the airport at 5.30am, and dropping the car off at 6.  We checked in to terminal 3, and got through security very quickly.  There is a kids area in the upstairs of the terminal, which is quite unknown.  In fact, it took the cleaning lady in the toilets to bring it to my attention.  The kids were able to run around pretty much to their hearts content.

Our plane was on time.  Paul sat in the row of 4 with the boys, while I sat in the aisle seat on the other side.  The kids were good, but not as awesome as Paul, who kept them perfectly under control.  I hope that now they are getting older, flying will become a lot easier.....

We arrived home about 6pm on the Monday night, absolutely shattered.  Being an awesome mum, I didn't make them got to school on the tuesday.  Good job too, as no one was awake till 9am!  

No comments:

Post a Comment