Friday 19 June 2015

Cocktail Friday - Rum Runner

Ahhh summer, I love it.  What is more summer-y than a delicious cocktail?  

While traveling back from Kiawah Island, I stumbled across this info gram.  Very interesting I thought.  Not keen on South Carolinas cocktail, but Florida's looked lush.  Seeing as we are off there in a couple of weeks, I though i would give it a go. Might even try and make our way across the country!

Here is Rum Runner

Ingredients for 2 (recipe adapted from drinksmixer.com)



1.5 oz Captain Morgan's Original Spiced Rum
0.5oz blackberry liqueur
0.5oz creme de banana
4oz orange juice

Pour ingredients into cocktail shaker, shake.  Pour over crushed ice.  Enjoy.


As you can see from the photos, I changed glasses.  This drink ended up being a short.  Probably because i do not have a proper blender to which up slush type drinks.  This will change in a few weeks....

This drink was lush, just the right mouth of sweetness.  Next time I will double them up again, and make them long drinks.  Until I get my blender....




No comments:

Post a Comment