Friday 12 June 2015

Cocktail Friday - Strawberry Mojitos

So summer really is in full swing.  We have even had out first beach trip!!!!

Today I am going to tell you about another cocktail.  What a surprise, its friday!!! Strawberry season is pretty much over here, it is just too hot for those little berries now.  However in England and Europe, it is just beginning, especially with Wimbledon next month.

You know how I am always trying new things, well this is a strawberry mojito.  I have purchased a lot of local strawberries, and have taken the time to make jam ( yummy) and this strawberry syrup. The recipe is supper easy, and I have made a couple of batches.  I usually use it with white wine, but it works equally well here. 

Ingredients for a jug of strawberry mojito ( adapted from this recipe

White rum
Strawberry syrup
lime juice
mint leaves
lime wedges for garnish
strawberries for garnish


Place lime juice, strawberry syrup and mint leaves in jug.  Muddle.  I can't even remember the measurements i used, but I am pretty sure I tried to get equal amounts lime juice and syrup.  There was probably about 15 mint leaves. Pour over rum, think I used about 8oz.  Add ice, top off with sparkling water/soda, stir. add lime wedges (mine were frozen) and sliced strawberries.  


Flipping yummy, a little piece of summer.  The jug did two of us about 4 wine glass sizes each.  Think I might make this again this weekend.......

1 comment:

  1. Aw, geez Clare! Remind me of this next year before strawberry season is over - that simple syrup is genius!

    ReplyDelete