Friday 16 August 2013

A few photos

Here are a few photos to show what we have been up to this week....

Wednesday, Paul had to take a car from work on a long drive to test it (hard life, I know).  He decided to drive to Charlotte, and while he was there popped into the ikea.  We needed some boxes to go in a storage system we already have, its the Trofast system, so you can either get the boxes for $3 at Ikea, or $12 on Amazon.  I spotted a few other things we needed online, so he ended up with quite a bit....


 Thursday, Oliver and Isaac did lots of activities while Seb slept.  First up water balloon phonics.  Few things to note:  it is tricky to fill water balloons if you have long nails, use electrical tape (duct tape) not Sellotape when sticking them to the fence.   That being said, the boys had a blast.  Oliver tried really hard to match the endings to the letters stuck on the fence.  Isaac was more intent on throwing the balloons with full vigor.  And they even helped pick up all the little bits of balloon when they were finished


Next up was glitter pictures.  Our peppers come from the supermarket in packs of 4 in little black styrofoam trays.  I had 2 in the cupboard.  The boys had fun squeezing out the glitter pens, but the glue was a bit trickier.  They did enjoy sprinkling the glitter (making a mess).  I think these are awesome, I almost want to make them into Christmas/greetings cards somehow.


Next up was coffee filters art work.  I adapted this craft slightly.  We have a large amount of coffee filters, having bought them from Costco ages ago.  So I got the boys to colour them, then they sprayed them.  They liked this a lot too, and did about 12.  Paul came up with the idea of making a daisy chain out of them.


As we now have the storage boxes for arranging the Lego exactly how we want it, I spent yesterday afternoon sorting it back into colors, and Paul finished it off when he came home.  This is my 'helper'.....


So the learning room is nearly finished, just the cats litter tray to be removed.  Hopefully Paul will finish the box for it this weekend.  I will post more photos once it is done. I love it in there.  I am kinda looking forward to when I only have one child at a time, so I can make full use of the settings, with age appropriate activities.  The reading corner has been set up in the office room, I need to wash the pillow cases from the spare room to add to the comfiness of the corner.  Paul will eventually make a shelf for in there too.  For now the books will go on the desk area, once I have cleared the Lego from it on to the Lego table in the learning room (thats this afternoons job....).

I have also been rearranging my Pinterest this week.  I have made a new board for kids learning.  I was finding so many pins that were so appropriate for Isaac, but not for Seb.  Once Oliver goes back to school, I will have the afternoons with Isaac, and want to use my time wisely, and not just let him watch TV the whole time.  I also rearranged my life style board into separate boards for raising children, organization and hair and beauty.  I felt slightly cleansed after this..... 

Are you on Pinterest?




No comments:

Post a Comment