Friday 20 March 2015

Cocktail Friday - Bahama Mama

Ok folks, time for a new feature on the blog.  Hopefully this will encourage me to post more regularly....

Given our recent trip to the beach, and the fact summer is right around the corner (please...)  I have been indulging in cocktail making.  I tend to do this every few months or so, but usually only stick with one cocktail, that I end up being pig-sick of after a while.

Not this time.  I am determined to grow our liquor cabinet to something the boys will want to pilfer as they get older (everyone raided their parents alcohol stash as a teenager, right?!?)

So we will begin this new weekly series with the cocktail I indulged in on holiday, the Bahama Mama.  Typically I was missing some vital tools of the trade, like a cocktail shaker, a measuring utensil and hurricane glasses.   I found all of these at World Market.  

Ingredients to make 2 Bahama Mama's 


1 1/2 ounces coconut rum (its got to be Malibu....)
1 1/2 ounces banana liquor
2 ounces spiced run ( I used Goslings black rum, as, well, I am a Gosling...)
3 ounces of orange juice
5 ounces of pineapple juice
couple dashes of grenadine

Add all ingredients to cocktail shaker.  Shake.  Pour over ice into hurricane glasses.  Enjoy..

These were absolutely flipping lush.  We had 3 each last friday, and that was enough alcohol to not have a sore head the next day.  Makes the weekends easier when you don't have a sore head.  Wouldn't want to drink much more than that, as they are very sweet.  I wish I had taken some photos of them....  

I think tonights poison will be Pina Colada's.  

Check out my drinks board on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment