Sunday 30 September 2012

Excitement builds.....

Given how unsettled Seb was on Wednesday night, he had managed to wake both the boys up by 4.30am on Thursday morning.  It seems Seb doesn't like the noise of his brothers moving around on airbeds.  I took both boys in to the living room at my mums at 5.50, they were well awake and had been for at least an hour.  They sat down and watched tv, while I dozed on the sofa, and Seb went back to sleep. My mum got up about 7, we got the boys some breakfast about 9, Seb was still asleep.  He eventually woke about 10.30, but still was not hungry.  Got the boys dressed and they went back to playing on the wii.  Seb was still not well, and fell asleep on the sofa about an hour after he woke up.

Paul and his parents arrived about midday.  I gave the boys a snacky lunch, paul and I were not hungry....

The taxi arrived about quater to 2.  Keith helped paul take all the bags downstairs and loaded into the car.  Then we began our goodbyes.  It was very hard, I knew I had to say goodbye to keith and Chris and my mum and get into the car quickly.  The boys said their goodbye, but I can't remember if Isaac did, probably not.  There were a few tears, none from me, not that I am cold hearted, I just found it hard.  I didn't want to get upset in front of the boys  I think paul found it harder than I did, he felt like he was taking me away from my mum....  I told him what she had said the night before, that I would not be away for ever, it was only a few years and we would be back eventually....

We got to Heathrow about 3, and loaded everything onto 2 trolleys.  It just about fit.  Oliver was brilliant and pushed Seb.  I had read on Lufthansas website that we could check our bags on the night before.  Turns out they cant do this at Heathrow......  They don't allow any bags to be checked overnight.  At least we were able to check ourselves in and pay for the cat.  We headed to our hotel, all squeezed into a Mercedes people carrier.  It was quite a squeeze with 5 large suitcases, 1 small suitcase about the same size as our 3 carry ons, not forgetting 2 car seats, my bag, a. Rucksack, a cat and a buggy.  We checked in fine, ordered our taxi for the next morning, and got a very nice porter to bring all the luggage upstairs in a big trolly.  We hung around the hotel for a bit, then took the boys for a McDonalds for final dinner in the UK..

We came back and had all the boys in bed by 7.  They fell asleep quite early.  We were in bed by 9, after repacking the bags for a final time, trying to get as much as possible in to the big suitcases, so we would not have too much to carry.  I struggled to fall asleep, knowing we were getting up at 3.45 the next morning.....

No comments:

Post a Comment