Friday 14 September 2012

What a week, mark II....

So we had last weekend at the Goslings.  What good fun!  Got there quite late on the saturday due to me and Paul drinking too much the night before.  Had a nice lasagne outside, al fresco stylie.... Put the boys to bed, and got on with some serious drinking.  Tariq had decided to bring a bottle of tequilla with him.  I think that got opened about 11pm.  That was gone very quickly... So we hit the Goslings rum, then the Southern Comfort.  I went to bed about 2.30am, and was very ill.  Everyone else went to bed about 3ish, I think..... But it is safe to say we were all shadows of ourselves the next day.

Sunday some of Pauls relatives and friends came to the house for a BBQ and to wish us well.  That was nice to sit around in the garden and chat.  That evening I went to bed quite early as I wanted to be sure of getting up early the next morning.  The only downer on the weekend was that Isaac wasn't very well, he slpet an awful lot on the sofa, and was complaining of 'not feeling preoperly'.

Paul and I got up at 5.15 the next morning to get to Oxford to catch the 6.27am train.  We were at the embassy by 8.10am.  We found the chemists to put our personal belongings in and headed for the queue.  We got inside, got our number and waited.  We waited about 45 minutes to be called up to the first window.  Paul spotted Damon Alburn in the waiting room. We had finger prints done, she confimed some details then we had to go and pay over some money.  Then we had to wait again, this time for about an hour.  We got called to the next set of windows, answered more questions, paid out yet more money to be greeted with 'Your visas are pre-approved, so you need to go and arrange delivery of them, congratulations'.  With big smiles feeling very happy we went to pay over more money to arrange for a pre 8am delivery on the visas.  We then headed back to the station and back to the boys in Oxford.  I think the Gosling Grandparents just about survived their morning with the boys all to themselves.

Tuesday  Seb and I went to Worthing to see my good friend Emma.  By now Isaac was 100 times better, so he went to preschool, and I had to cancel the doctors appointment I had made for him the previous day.  Emma and I did some shopping, I enjoy shopping with Emma, she makes me giggle, and is very helpful, thorough and constructive, unlike me.

I caught up with my friend Laura on Wednesday afternoon, she looked after Isaac for me while I went to see Olivers new teacher.  She seems very pleasant, it is a shame Oliver won't be there much longer.  She got me all the required froms, and is doing the info his new school requested (and have since decided they don't need...)  Paul finally had some contact with the shipping company.  A lovely (?!?!?) lady called him to discuss the options.  We also sat down this evening and ordered more suitcases/carry on bags......

Thursday Paul got an email from the shipping company and many, many forms to fill in.  I caught up with my lovely friend Vicki and her 2 boys in the afternoon. Isaac and her eldest Alex played really well together, which was nice to see, considering Alex is a good year younger than Isaac.  I think that is how Isaac behaves at preschool without his big brother around.  Paul spent this evening filling in forms for the shipping company. 

I should point out here that most mornings I have been attempting to finish my assignment for Uni, but I am getting nowhere fast.  The problem is the mountain of stuff that I have been managing to sell through Facebook.  So people are coming round every morning, thursday I had 5 people round between 10 and 12!!!  Admittedly, I have made some good money this week, so I must thank all those who have bought from me. And its not really a problem....

The visas arrived at 7.50 this morning, even the boys let out a cheer when I came up the stairs with them.  Today I had loads of paperwork/selling things/housework to sort this morning.  We went to Lauras for a Netmums meetup this afternoon.  There was 7 mums in total and 11 kids!  It was chaos but fun chaos. will miss the Netmums and organising meetups sooooo much.  I was exceptionally grateful to see Paul was home after I had got Oliver.  We were both able to spend the afternoon sorting out the house/kids ready for the  weekend.  It is our leaving do's this weekend.  I am looking forward to them lots.

I need to update more often, and I promise to try next week.....

To summarise, this week we have:  Sorted Visas, sorted all travel arrangements (apart from where to check the cat in), got packers arranged (wednesday morning).

Its all coming together..... This time in 2 weeks we will be in South Carolina, in a hotel with 3 children and a cat.....

No comments:

Post a Comment