Friday 21 September 2012

One week to go....

So the suitcase saga.... Last Wednesday I ordered 2 matching suitcases and a carry on from the Luggae Hut.  Got an email on the Thursday morning to say they only had one in stock.  So I chose another one.  And waited for it to be delivered, and waited and waited....  I was in contact with a gent there who said they were wanting for the other suitcase and carry on to be delivered.  This was Wednesday of this week.  Baring in mind that my mum is taking our packed suitcases away with her on Sunday, this was getting too close for comfort.  Thursday, they still not had them delivered to their warehouse.  So I told them to just deliver the one they had, and cancel the other 2.  I sent paul to look in Chichester at BHS and John Lewis.  He decided to look in sainsburys, they had some good offers on ok suitcases. So he came away with one huge one, and a carry on, for a bargain price.  Still need to check our accounts and make sure Luggage Hut have refunded our other ones.  They will be getting a snotty email at some point over the next few days.  I may be busy, but I can find time to complain about shoddy service.

Yesterday I spent the morning selling off yet more of my house. I got home to discover a big fat to let board up at my back garden.  By the end of the day we had some viewings arranged for friday.  We got rid of some big items, with promise of many others going next week or over the weekend.  I had my lovely friends Philippa and Vicki round yesterday afternoon, mainly to buy more toys, but it was lovely to see them.  Gonna miss those girls.  I think everything that is going on is catching up with me.  I slept on the sofa for nearly an hour last night.  I then put yet more stuff for sale, spoke to my dad and had a bit too much wine... And a bit of a late night.  Bless my youngest, he decided that 2am was a good time to have a screaming fit.  Took some paracetamol to settle him, but even that took time.  He even had the decency to wake his brothers.  He woke up this morning with a stinking cold, which I also think Isaac is fighting too....

Took the boys to school and preschool this morning, then headed home to wait for peoplemtovpick up more stuff.  Had a viewing, then Seb went for a sleep.  Sorted out yet more stuff for sale, before I sat down to do some uni work.  I had worked really hard Monday and Tuesday of this week to be sure I had done most of my assignment.  I sat down to reference my 1st question.  Went to read through the rest, they werent there...tried my best to find them, but they are not on the hard drive anywhere.  Then the realisation struck.... Paul had copied over our hard drive from the main computer to a new smaller one on Saturday.  I had been saving my work to the old one, which got packed up I the shipping on Wednesday....I was sooooooo annoyed with myself.  Luckily I managed to do some more work this afternoon, so i only have 1 more question to do tomorrow night.  I want that assignment gone.  To be honest, it may not matter.... I got an email from the OU saying they are having problems contacting the university they would use in Greenville for hosting my exam.  They have asked me to try, or to fly back to the UK for my exam (no chance), or defer sitting it till the next exam period, which I think is February.  Think I may be deferring.....

This afternoon I had my last ever Netmums meetup at my house.  I have been arranging these for about 3 years, first as right hand mum, then as chair mum.  I really enjoy them.  We had 7 adults and 11 kids round this afternoon.  I will miss my Netmums friends a lot.  But I am happy, as those who are taking over will do a good job, and keep the meets going.  Luckily I didn't really have to say a proper goodbye to anyone other than Lucy, that was hard enough.  We have arranged an impromptu night out for Monday, I am hoping lots will turn up, I think there will be at least 6 of us which will be lovely, yet hard to say good bye to people....

This weekend we are off to my dads tomorrow to drop off a boot full of stuff.  My gran is over from Northern Ireland.  She wanted to see us before we head off.  She does not think she will see us again.  A bit morbid maybe, but my gran is going to out live everyone.  Then we are off to Birdworld.  The boys love birdworld, it is just the right amount of time for their concentration level, and the right distance for my Gran to walk.

Then Sunday my mum and Lee are down to look after the boys while we pack most of our clothes away.....

Only 7 days to go........

No comments:

Post a Comment